- What do I need to bring with me?
- What is the preferred weapon for hunting?
- Is this a guided hunt?
- Does the ranch have a gift shop?
- What happens if I wound an animal?
- Where do I sign-in once I’ve purchased my hunt?
- What deposits are needed to buy a hunt?
- Where can I mail my payment?
- What type of clothes should be worn?
- Is a freezer and ice available at the ranch?
- What type of hunting license do I need?
- Do I need a Hunter Education Card?
- Is there a taxidermist available for my trophy?
- Can someone clean and quarter my animal?
- Can I take my animal back home if I am flying?
- What do I need to know when flying with my weapons?
- Where is the ranch located?
- What airport should I fly into?
- What other costs should I expect once I’m on the ranch?
- Do I need to rent a car?
- Can I add days to my hunt?
- What other animals can I hunt, and what is the cost?
- What if I want to bring an extra hunter?
- What if I want to bring a non-hunting guest?
- What is the customary gratuity?
- How are the hunts conducted?
- Is this hunt recommended for younger hunters?
- Is the Ranch Handicap friendly?
- How long do I have to book the hunt once it is purchased?
- What are the lodging facilities?
- Do I need to bring a cooler?
- Are meals provided?
- Is there a place to sight in my weapon once I arrive?
- Can we hunt at night?
- Is an insect repellent needed?
- Is Alcohol allowed on the ranch?
- Ranch policy changes
- What if I need to cancel or reschedule my hunt?
- What to bring on your hunt…
Bring appropriate clothing and your weapons of choice. It is recommended that you bring bottled water to carry with you in the field. Effective Hunter Orange vests & hats are REQUIRED to be worn by all hunters while hunting on the ranch. We will have some hunter orange apparel for sale in our pro shop.
At 4 Amigos Ranch we recommend you shoot a .243 caliber rifle or larger when hunting all animals. We recommend that our hog hunters shoot a .270 caliber rifle or larger, with a .243 caliber being the minimum! If you decide to bring the minimum caliber, please use at least a 80 grain bullet or larger. Bow hunting is also a great means of harvesting your game. You can also hunt with pistols and crossbows at 4 Amigos Ranch. NO Full Metal Jacket Bullets Are Allowed, you must use a hunting round. Bow Hunting with 3 or 4 bladed broadheads only! No 2 Bladed Broadheads will be Allowed for Hog Hunting!
Our hunts are not fully guided, but rather semi-guided. Your guides will drop you off and pick you up from your hunting area. Fully guided hunts are available upon request.
Yes. We have caps, T-shirts, microfiber shirts, knife sharpeners, mesquite wooden cutting boards, and other items available.
Ranch policy states once blood, hair, bone or any other sign of contact with the animal shot at is found, the animal is then the responsibility of the hunter and will count as a kill.
You will fill out your Release of Liability and Hunter Profile when you arrive at the ranch. All guests are required to fill out both.
To purchase your hunt, you will need to place an initial deposit with 4 Amigos Ranch. The initial deposit will be based on the particular hunt package you are purchasing. A hunt requires 50% down, with the balance due no later than 30 days prior to arrival. If you purchase your hunt within 30 days of arrival, the entire balance will be due immediately. The ranch can accept all major credit cards by phone.
Please mail payments with name and contact information to the address below.
In Texas, you always have to be prepared for any weather. You will want to bring waterproof boots in the event of bad weather. In fall, winter, and spring, be prepared for cool to cold weather. In the summer months, you will need to dress light. Bring your camouflage, sunscreen, etc. We will have microfiber shirts available in our Pro Shop.
A walk in freezer is available at the ranch. The Ice machine is for lodge use only, please be prepared to get your own ice on the way home from your hunting trip.
If you are hunting hogs, cats, varmints, and exotics, non-resident hunters will need a non-resident 5-day special hunting license (type 157) which can be purchased at any Texas sporting goods store or Wal-Mart. Youth license for under 17 yrs. old; resident or non-resident (type 169). Texas residents will also need a general hunting license. For hunting whitetail deer, you will need a Resident Hunting (type 101) or General Non-Resident Hunting (type 105). Please refer to the Texas Parks and Wildlife link on our website for more details.
Yes, you will need to have a hunter education card. Please refer to Texas Parks and Wildlife for all of the hunter education regulations. You will need a hunter educations card if you were born on or after September 2nd, 1971.
Yes. Your trophy will be completed and shipped to your home within a reasonable time.
It is mandatory that the ranch skinners handle the cleaning of any animals harvested on any of our ranches. Hog Cleaning $50 for hogs up to 80 pounds, hogs over 80 pounds will be $.65 a pound (gut, skin, and quarter). Please add an additional $20 to each skinning fee if you would like your animal deboned. All skinning fees subject to change please check website for most up to date prices before your trip.
Yes. Your meat can be packed in a cooler that is bought at the local Wal-Mart and taken home on your flight. Please check with you airlines for specific carry-on and check-on information.
All airlines allow guns to be flown with the luggage. Please check your airline for their specific guidelines.
The ranch is located 60 miles southwest of Uvalde, TX and 140 miles southwest of San Antonio, TX. The closest town to us is Eagle Pass, TX.
For those planning on flying we are conveniently located near the Eagle Pass airport which is capable of handling a wide range of aircraft. We also will pick you up on arrival and take you back to the airport for departure.
Please allow for guide fee, animal cleaning fee, and gratuities. We accept all major credit cards.
Yes. Because of the distance, we are not able to pick you up.
Typically we cannot add any additional days to your package due to our schedule, but you can purchase an additional hunting package and stay for 5 days and 4 nights. This will need to be planned out ahead of time to ensure availability.
We have several varieties of rams, axis deer, fallow deer, blackbuck antelope, feral hogs, and whitetail deer. Most exotics can be hunted year-round. Native animals can only be hunted when in season. Exotic hunts range in price depending on species. Prices Subject to change.
Extra hunters can be brought when booked in advance. Please call the ranch for availability.
Non-hunting guests are welcome for $250 per person. Prices subject to change. Non-hunting guest can accompany the hunter in the field if the $100 guide fee is paid for the non-hunter.
Gratuity is not mandatory, but is always appreciated. If you have enjoyed your hunting experience with 4 Amigos Ranch, and our staff has done a great job with you and your party, give your guides and cooks a tip…It’s a great way to say thank you!
Hunts are conducted in hunting stands and areas throughout the ranch. We also offer aerial pursuit (hogs only).
With parental guidance, this is a great hunt for younger hunters. We are very excited to get youth and first time hunters into the outdoors.
Depending on the severity of the physical restriction, most of our hunts are still possible.
Unless otherwise specified, you have up to two years to redeem your hunt, based on availability. You have 1 year to redeem your hunt if purchased through Whitetails Unlimited.
All hunters will be provided a room in the main lodge on the ranch. The 4 Amigos Ranch welcomes you with a beautiful 5000 sq ft lodge overlooking a lake. Our 4 bedroom, 3 bath lodge sleeps a maximum of 22 people comfortably, with the main gathering room designed for your entertainment. Consisting of satellite TV, a pool table, and a poker table, this room is great for entertaining clients and friends, or relaxing with family. Unlike most ranches, you will have paved roads to the ranch gate and all the way to the front door of the lodge.
If you are driving, please bring your coolers, however if you are flying, coolers can be bought at the local Wal-Mart.
Yes meals are provided by our ranch cook. The menu typically consist of typical Texas Bar-B-Que and Southwest Style cuisine. Coffee, tea, and water are always available as well as alcoholic beverages after the hunt with appropriate age groups. Snacks, bottled water, and soft drinks are not provided.
Yes, we have a permanent gun range out to 300 yards and a permanent bow range consisting of 20 yards, 30 yards, and 40 yard targets. Our gun range is used for the purpose of sighting in and checking weapons. The gun range is not open to leisurely shooting, and is not open if any other hunter is in the field.
The night hunt is non-guided and optional at no extra cost. You will need to bring a battery-operated spotlight and varmint calls. Cell phones are highly recommended for communication with camp for animal pick-up.
You will need mosquito spray except in December-February.
Yes, however drink responsibly. Alcohol is provided once hunting for the day is over. Over-drinking and getting drunk is not tolerated. 4 Amigos and its staff reserve the right to refuse alcohol at any time. Clients who become too drunk or disorderly will be asked to leave.
The ranch reserves the right to make periodic changes to the FAQ as needed, as well as price changes and all fees. It is recommended that you review the FAQ on our website one last time before attending your hunt.
You can cancel your hunt, but will forfeit your payment if it is not rescheduled. There are no refunds for hunts not taken. You can reschedule your hunt with no penalty, as long as it is rescheduled within 1 year of the original date based upon availability. 30 days notice must be given to reset a hunt to avoid forfeit. Only upon approval of the ranch, will an exception to this guideline be allowed for late cancellations.
- Appropriate hunting attire. Camouflage, jackets, boots, gloves, hats, etc… We do require a hunter to wear hunter orange on their head, chest, and back during hunting times.
- Optics – Good Binoculars are always a key during your hunting trip. Range finders are always a good idea as well, especially if you are bow hunting.
- Weapons – We require a .243 caliber or larger for hunting hogs and rams, and a .243 caliber or larger for hunting Whitetail Deer and exotics. Bow hunters we ask that you are pulling at least 40 lbs or a 28 inch draw and require broadheads (no field tips allowed or 2 bladed broadheads). NO Full Metal Jacket Bullets Are Allowed, you must use a hunting round.
- Spot Light– If you plan on hunting during the night for wild hogs, you will need a spot light (preferably with a red or green lens) to see your target.
- Flashlights- A good thing to have while hunting during early morning, late evening, night hunting, and of course tracking any wounded animals.
- Coolers- You will need to bring enough coolers to take your meat home with you. We have both walk-in coolers and freezers to store your meat in and prep it for your travels home.
- Drinks & Snacks- We will provide all of your meals, coffee, tea, juice, and water. If you want any bottled water, sodas, Gatorade, or snacks, please bring them with you.
- Toiletries- You will need to bring your own shower and grooming essentials with you.